Business Development Manager – Marketing
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join our Business Development & Marketing team working with our Banking & Finance sector.
Role: Business Development Manager
Location: Bristol, Taunton, Southampton or Cardiff
Hours: Full time
Vacancy Reference: 448-BBL
This business development role supports a key sector for Clarke Willmott (CW) – Banking & Finance. The role holder will also support new business activities for other teams within the firm, in particular in the markets local to the role holder’s main office location.
Some travel will be required to support our offices in Birmingham, Cardiff, London, Manchester, Southampton and Taunton.
- Over recent years CW has successfully grown its Banking & Finance business, largely through a focus on specific lending/lender market segments and a small group of priority clients.
- You will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities and developing existing relationships. This is a varied and engaging role; this is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and hard-working person to work with an equally ambitious team of lawyers.
- The role will require you to take the lead and work closely with solicitors in the Banking & Finance sectors as well as colleagues in BD & Marketing to develop and implement a business growth plan.
You will be responsible for taking ownership of:
- The CW strategic view on key development opportunities in the Banking & Finance markets;
- The rolling 12 month CW Banking & Finance business development plans;
- The CW Banking and Finance proposition – ensuring that the proposition (price, service offering, support etc.) remains ahead of the competition;
- Sales/fee income growth targets:
- Existing key clients – oversee management of detailed relationship and BD plans with existing key clients. This requires active, ‘hands-on’ coordination of fee earner activity including arranging/coordinating client meetings, preparation of materials for meetings and follow up.
- Priority target clients – implement marketing and BD activities that ‘open doors’ for fee earners to introduce CW services to an agreed list of target clients. As above this requires active management.
- Events, seminars, hospitality – you will work with the relevant team members to put together a calendar of events that support your targeted business development plan;
- Tenders and pitches – working with the CW Brand, Comms & Tenders Manager you will assist by leading, coordinating, coaching, chasing the partners in successfully delivering excellent tenders and pitches where required;
- Legal directory submissions – working with the CW Brand, Comms & Tenders Manager you will coordinate, coach, chase, the partners in successfully delivering excellent directory submissions;
- Digital marketing support/lead generation – working with the Digital Marketing Manager to ensure online channels (website & social) are effectively deployed to attract new enquiries to the firm;
- Press & spokesperson – working with the CW Brand, Comms & Tenders manager as well as the firm’s external PR agency you will seek opportunities to promote Banking & Finance expertise; and
- Coordination of internal Banking & Finance management meetings as well as producing management information and reports.
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with information security and all firm policies and procedures.
You will be a self-starter, confident in taking the lead with colleagues and clients at all levels whilst remaining highly organised.
You will have a proven track record in supporting growth of a B2B business through marketing, business development and sales activity.
You will have experience in the financial services sector, preferably working with banks and lenders. It would be desirable if you had some understanding of law firms and how they service financial services clients.
Ideally you will have your own client contacts that could form the basis of a new client ‘pool’ for Clarke Willmott.
You will demonstrate strong communication and consultative collaboration skills and be familiar with working with senior business partners to deliver plans.
A ‘hands on’ approach to business development will be expected. You will be happy to work on your own initiative, comfortable developing personal relationships and adept at opening doors with both new and existing clients.
A positive and tenacious attitude is essential.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at email@example.com)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.