Notary services for business
Notarising documents for business
If your business handles foreign documentation or wants to reach markets overseas, you will need the services of a Notary Public – a legal professional authorised to prepare, witness and authenticate foreign legal documents.
A notary’s seal and signature is widely accepted as confirmation of the authenticity and legality of a business document that is to be used outside of the jurisdiction of England and Wales.
How our notaries can help your business
Notarisation is often required for international commercial documents. In such cases we need to verify the authority of the company, its directors or other authorised personnel before authenticating the relevant document. We are also frequently asked to assist in obtaining NIE numbers for use in the purchase of Spanish properties.
A Clarke Willmott Notary Public can deal with a wide range of corporate business documents including:
- Corporate Powers of Attorney for use overseas
- Certificates of incorporation or memorandum and articles of association for UK or foreign companies
- Certificates of a company’s good standing
- Identification of directors, secretaries and other company officers
- Execution of commercial contracts for international use
- Authentication of business documents and transactions
- Affidavits, sworn declarations, witness statements and statutory declarations
- Foreign tenders
- Documentation relating to overseas commercial land and property transactions
- Intellectual property, trade mark, patent and copyright matters
- Certified copies of company resolutions, minutes, reports and other company documents
- Arranging for documents to be legalised at foreign embassies, or obtaining an “apostille” from the UK’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Our fees are generally calculated by reference to the time spent but, ordinarily, we will provide you with a quote for the provision of our services before starting work.
The notarial practice is insured through the policy of professional indemnity maintained by Clarke Willmott LLP and provides cover of £3 million.
In the unlikely event you may have concerns about our service please raise it with us in the first instance. Should we not be able to resolve it the Notaries Society provides a complaints resolution service. Details will be provided upon our instruction.
Clarke Willmott Notaries
Owen Williams one of our partners at Clarke Willmott Solicitors also holds the office of Notary Public, which is regulated through the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury. He performs notary services for private individuals and businesses, through Clarke Willmott Notaries – a separate practice affiliated to Clarke Willmott.
Contact a Clarke Willmott Notary Public today
Owen operates from Clarke Willmott’s offices in Southampton and London. With a little notice they can also perform Notary Public duties at our offices in Bristol, Birmingham and Taunton. Additionally we are able to service the Newbury area.
Simply call 0800 652 8025 to discuss your requirements or get in touch online.