Paralegal – Debt Recovery – Taunton
An opportunity to begin or continue a legal career in a national law firm. Based in our Debt Recovery Team dealing with payment arrangement monitoring and associated procedures in a friendly and fast paced team.
Hours: Full time
Term: 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Vacancy Reference: 522-PTN
In this role you will work on behalf of one of our major clients to ensure that individual debtors are making their agreed payments and dealing with any issues which arise.
On a day to day basis, your role will involve:
- Answering telephone calls and taking card payments
- Processing correspondence via email and post
- Processing client instructions
- Providing regular updates to your clients
- Advising clients on specific cases
- Liaising with team members and colleagues at all times
Working in a busy, dedicated and extremely friendly team, you will be monitoring installments and will respond to changes in the debtor’s circumstances and ability to pay. You will gain an understanding of the impact of tax and benefits issues, allowing you to respond to any changes appropriately and ensure that our client is kept fully informed.
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with information security and all firm policies and procedures.
- Have strong social skills
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be extremely organised
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Have a good aptitude for technology
- Be able to juggle many priorities
- Be an effective team player
Whatever your background, you will have strong written and verbal communication skills, a good level of basic numeracy and plenty of common sense.
- 6 GCSE at grade C or above (or equivalent) including English and Maths
- Excellent time management skills
- Good keyboard skills
- Have good numeracy skills
- Have gained at least 6 months’ experience in an office environment
- Some further education studies (A Levels, BTEC, NVQs etc)
- Be confident on taking and making telephone calls
- Have experience in collections/instalment monitoring
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.