Solicitor – Risk & Compliance
We are looking for a qualified Solicitor to join our Risk and Compliance team. In this newly created position, you will be given the space to manage your own workload and engage with our fee earning teams to help them manage their regulatory and legal obligations.
Role: Solicitor – Risk and Compliance
Hours: Full Time
Vacancy Reference: 667-LBL
Based within an established team and reporting to the Head of Risk and Compliance, the key elements of your role will include:
- Liaising with our fee earning team to support them in their compliance and regulatory responsibilities. This may include follow up to audit outputs, root cause analysis if things go wrong and training where a need is identified.
- Managing conflict escalations and queries from the Client and Matter Inception team and the firm
- Audits of client and matter Anti Money Laundering (AML) compliance to ensure we meet our legal obligations, again analysing and reporting on activity and highlighting areas of concern and improvement
- Providing training across the firm, to include induction training for new joiners and additional training firm-wide and as required, as a result of any identified issues/training needs or as a result of any changes in practice or regulation
- Supporting the Audit & Risk Committee with its rolling agenda and assisting in reporting to the Board at least annually on the Committee’s activities.
- Taking the lead on our annual Practicing Certificate renewal process.
- Supporting the work to achieve annual accreditation against the Law Society’s legal practice quality mark, Lexcel
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures remain current and implement revisions as necessary
- Supporting on change committee meetings: managing outputs, assisting with the agenda and progressing initiatives
- Assisting the Head of Risk and Compliance with additional reporting, analysis, advice, project work and other ad hoc responsibilities as required
You will need to keep abreast of any changes and developments in relevant regulations and accreditation processes and we will look to you to identify improvements in our auditing processes and advise us accordingly.
There will be times when you may need to raise issues directly with the partners, lawyers and other staff involved. You will need confidence, tact and perseverance to achieve your goals.
With your firm-wide responsibility, there may (when restrictions are lifted) be an element of travel to our various offices. At most, this may occur twice a month. We can provide a pool car or cover the costs of train journeys as appropriate.
As part of a relatively small team, you may also need to assist others or work on additional tasks in line with the overall responsibilities of the Risk Management function.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to enjoy a challenge within a continually growing fast paced team. If you are a qualified solicitor with up to 2 years’ experience of commercial property work, then we would like to hear from you.
We look for lawyers with a strong intellect, which we expect to be evidenced with a high level of academic achievement, and someone who shows initiative, drive and excellent organisation skills.
We expect you to be a genuine team player with a client focussed approach and a keenness to become involved in business development activities within the team as a whole, having begun to build up strong local professional connections.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at email@example.com)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.