Paralegal – Debt Recovery – Taunton
An opportunity to start or continue developing a legal career in a national law firm, in our Debt Recovery team. Assisting your team by dealing with the administration tasks involved with a litigated caseload.
Hours: Full time (Part time considered)
Term: 1 Year Fixed Term Contract (Maternity Cover)
Vacancy Reference: 521-PTN
You will be dealing with one of our major insurance clients, primarily on both Claimant and Defendant litigated matters. This will involve:
- Assisting your colleagues with the administration of cases on small, fast and multitrack matters
- Preparing bundles, witness statements, Court applications
- Issuing Court proceedings
- Liaising with client, the Court, Counsel, the third party and their representatives on a daily basis
- Assisting with settlement negotiations
You will be responsible for maintaining your own workload, prioritising tasks, developing and maintaining client relationships.
It is a fast-paced role and you will need to juggle many priorities. You will need to be flexible to be an effective team player but you will also get support and training from your colleagues and manager in a relaxed but professional and hard-working team.
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with information security and all firm policies and procedures.
We are looking to appoint someone who has litigation experience and ideally previous debt recovery experience. The role will be varied.
- Have strong social skills
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be extremely organised
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Have a good aptitude for technology
- Be very goal focussed
- Enjoy the buzz of working in a high-performing team and producing great results for your clients
- Be able to remain calm, professional and polite in all circumstances
- Have excellent time management skills
- Be able to work under pressure
Whatever your background, you will have strong written and verbal communication skills, a good level of basic numeracy and plenty of common sense.
- Have gained at least 6 months’ experience in an office environment (preferably in the legal sector)
- Have used case management systems or databases in the past
- Be keen to research any industry changes and keep up to date with new developments in our sector
- Have a Law degree or Common Professional Examination/Graduate Diploma in Law (CPE/GDL)
- Have litigation experience, preferably in the insurance industry
- Have an understanding of the Road Traffic Act
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.