Paralegal – Debt Recovery – Taunton
An opportunity to work within our Debt Recovery department working with a team who specialise dealing with insolvent estates and in collecting book debts.
Hours: Full time
Term: 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Vacancy Reference: 519-PTN
In this role you will work on behalf of one of our major clients collecting debts and effectively dealing with disputes from debtors who owe monies to insolvent companies and individuals.
On a day to day basis, your role will involve
- Answering telephone calls from debtors and clients
- Taking card payments over the phone
- Processing correspondence via email and post
- Processing client instructions
- Providing regular updates and advice to your clients
- Advising clients on specific cases
- Liaising with team members and colleagues at all times
- Having responsibility for the daily administration tasks for the team
It is a fast-paced role and you will need to juggle many priorities. You will need to be flexible to be an effective team player but you will also get support and training from your colleagues and manager in a relaxed but professional and hard-working team.
You will have
- Strong social skills
- Communicate effectively
- Be extremely organised
- A keen eye for detail
- Good aptitude for technology
Whatever your background, you will have strong written and verbal communication skills, a good level of basic numeracy and plenty of common sense.
- 6 GCSE at grade C or above (or equivalent) including English and Maths
- Excellent time management skills
- Keyboard skills
- Have gained at least 6 months’ experience in an office environment
- Some further education studies (A levels, BTEC, NVQs etc.)
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at email@example.com)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.