Onboarding Team Manager – Onboarding / Risk & Compliance – Firm Wide
Managing a central team comprised of a team supervisor, 4 analysts and 2 administrators, you will ensure that the team accurately and promptly undertakes volume compliance tasks related to the conflicts and AML processes on behalf of all of our fee-earning teams. This role will focus on people management and conflicts of interest but will also include triage of AML cases.
If you are looking for you next opportunity to further progress your career and join a supportive and welcoming team, we’d love to hear from you.
Role: Onboarding Team Manager
Location: Firm Wide
Hours: Full Time
Vacancy Reference: 1016-BBL
Who we are
You’ll be joining a national law firm that enjoys a strong reputation, made possible by our exceptional people – each chosen for their industry knowledge and passion for their field. We want to help you to reach your full potential, love the work you do and deliver the best results for your clients. It’s our goal to make you feel great about working with us, and we work hard to cultivate a culture that makes it easy for you to stay with us for many years.
We work flexibly and you’ll be empowered to work where you do your best work, balancing your individual needs with the need for us to engage as teams and deliver excellent client service.
Most of our people choose to work in a hybrid fashion, working from home and attending our offices on occasion. Our offices are in Bristol, Birmingham, Cardiff, London, Manchester, Southampton, and Taunton.
Day to day, you’ll be successful in this role by:
We are looking for someone who is an effective people manager that will guide the team, support our COLP, MLRO and Director of Risk and be an approachable point of contact for the fee earning community. The work is fast-paced and you will need to juggle many priorities.
On a day to day basis, your role will involve:
- Being responsible for managing the team including, monitoring workloads and reporting on key performance indicators
- Supporting your team on prioritising tasks to ensure we keep in line with deadlines
- Answering daily queries from the team and others on the work of the Onboarding function
- Reviewing work of members in the team
- Actively look for areas of improvement in efficiency and provide suggestions on these
- Assisting with project work as necessary
- Providing ongoing support to your team with regards to training and development
- Resolving complex client and business queries relating to conflicts of interest and confidential information and when necessary, undertaking research (e.g. reviewing matter files) to resolve such queries.
- Sign off conflict checks escalated from the analysts including carrying out detailed analysis as required and appropriate.
- Liaising with the fee-earning teams to gather information and to input the recommendations.
- Assisting with compliance training / guidance to fee earners and new joiners.
- Liaising with other operation functions to understand cross overs and to drive business improvement
For the right candidate, you may also be involved in our AML Process. This will include (although is not limited to):
- Carrying out online searches, such as financial, sanctions and identity checks.
- Checking data entered into our systems as part of the client matter take-on process for accuracy.
- Reviewing client due diligence documents submitted to or held in our AML database to identify what is missing or what needs to be updated, reporting to fee-earners or to the MLRO as appropriate.
- Advising the fee-earner and secretary on the documentation required to satisfy our AML obligations.
- Managing the AML database, carrying out data verification checks and processing MLRO instructions such as granting exemptions or exempting clients.
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with data security and all firm policies and procedures.
This role is right for you if:
We are looking for a self-starter with drive, initiative and great organisational skills.
You must have an excellent understanding of the regulatory environment in which we work, in particularly the conflict of interest and disclosure provisions in the SRA Code of Conduct and the relevant anti-money laundering regulations. You must be able to apply your knowledge to the requirements of the different fee-earning teams in our firm, providing sensible solutions to deal with potential conflict situations.
You will have experience of managing other people; be approachable and be able to instil confidence in your team members. Your team will be working to tight deadlines and has a heavy workload, so you must be calm under pressure and be prepared to pitch in to help them meet their deadlines.
You will have excellent supervision skills and will provide feedback in a constructive fashion to help your team meet the highest quality standards, both in the accuracy of the tasks they carry out and in service delivery.
You will have experience of training people and helping them achieve their potential.
You will be comfortable working with lawyers at all levels and have good communication skills. You will be able to manage service provision criticisms with diplomacy and tact.
We expect you to be someone who takes pride in your work and who will ensure that this team provides first class support to our fee-earning teams.
This role would suit someone looking for a new challenge, or someone already working in a supervisory role in a compliance team. You may have a compliance qualification within a law firm however this is not essential for the role.
What we can offer you:
A career at Clarke Willmott will feel different to other law firms. We thrive on our individual differences and diversity because as a team, we are united by our shared values and mutual respect. Working with us you will feel empowered, valued and free to be yourself in a safe and supportive environment.
Our mission is to help you realise your full potential whilst maintaining a positive work-life balance. We provide a comprehensive learning and development programme and a range of wellbeing initiatives to support your career journey.
There’s no doubt we expect the best from our people and even the occasional extra mile. In return, your dedication and commitment to the continued success of the firm will be rewarded with a comprehensive range of flexible benefits.
Listen to what a few members of our team have to say about what life here at Clarke Willmott is really like, to see if it’s the right fit for you.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV and covering letter using the form below.
(If you have any difficulties with the form, you can email your application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.
Talk to our recruitment team
Emma May Davies
0345 209 1260
0345 209 1436