Knowledge Services Assistant – Bristol
This opportunity will allow you enhance your administration skills within a law firm. You will be providing our Lawyers with access to legal and market information to help them be as efficient and effective as possible.
Role: Knowledge Services Assistant
Hours: Full Time
Vacancy Reference: 625-BBL
In this role you will provide a variety of other administrative and secretarial support to assist the Director, Professional Support Lawyers, Client Matter Inception team and Information Services team in their roles.
On a day to day basis you will be:
- Formatting Word documents, such as sophisticated precedent documents, knowledge updates and occasionally marketing literature, which have been drafted by the PSLs, to put them into our house-style
- Creating and updating our intranet pages
- Managing and updating various databases and Excel spreadsheets
- Profiling submissions to our knowledge database and filing them correctly
- Processing arrangements for training and professional memberships, including liaising with lawyers and external organisations
- Organising internal training sessions/setting up users with online training
- Generating monthly reports from our databases
- Setting up users with access to various databases and websites
- Setting up and managing our client extranet sites (datarooms and file sharing websites) using HighQ and Workshare Connect
- Adding automation coding to precedent documents using Contract Express
- Helping our Information Services team by assisting with circulating journals, carrying out loose-leafing and carrying out other administrative tasks
- Assisting the Director with various projects from time to time
You will also occasionally carry out other administration tasks, such as including booking meeting rooms, organising train tickets, dealing with telephone enquiries, filing, typing and photocopying, to keep the Director and PSLs organized and working efficiently.
Working in a small and friendly team, you may also be expected to help team members from time to time.
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with information security and all firm policies and procedures.
You will have:
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint) and natural aptitude for picking up systems quickly
- A law degree (or equivalent) or good understanding of legal documents
- Excellent accuracy and organisational skills, enabling you to follow correct procedures and guidelines
- The capability to handle a large and varied workload and enjoy keeping busy
- The ability to stay calm under pressure and to use your common sense and initiative to deal with the unexpected
Very good written and verbal communication skills for this role as you will be dealing with people in every part of our business and at every level, by telephone and by email
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.