Information Services Officer – Bristol
Working with two other information professionals providing information services and support to staff at Clarke Willmott.
Role: Information Services Officer
Hours: Full Time
Vacancy Reference: 568-BBL
As a national law firm we have to keep up to date with a vast amount of information about legal and market changes and developments. Our Information Services Team plays an essential role in this by managing our legal information resources including journals, books and on-line reference sources.
In this role you will help the team with a range of research and administrative tasks including:
- Handle enquiries of all types – legal, business and news research. Provide technical support for databases. Supply documents and materials as necessary
- Training: Provide induction training for new fee earners in all CW offices and training to others on request. Help organise training sessions with external trainers
- Classify and catalogue new materials on KnowAll, our library management system. Manage old editions.
- Check in journals and loose-leaf issues on KnowAll, scan and circulate materials to fee earners, claim missing issues. Disseminate journal articles and other materials to users
- Serials management. Review all loose-leaf and journal subscriptions as they come up for renewal. Liaise with the other Information Services Officers, team managers and Director of Best Practice & Knowledge to ensure resources are being used ahead of renewal. Process and pass all invoices for payment and renew subscriptions
- Review publishers’ literature. Consult with the other Information Services Officers, Team Managers and Director of Best Practice & Knowledge to establish what new materials should be bought. Order new books and journals
- General library administrative duties e.g. loose-leafing, re-shelving, keeping libraries tidy and in good order
- Attend meetings with/liaise with account managers from publishers and booksellers for day-to-day queries
- Prepare reports to assist Director of Best Practice & Knowledge in budget preparation.
- Help keep the Information Services team Wiki up to date
- Cover for other team members as and when required
- Other tasks as directed
- Travel to other offices as required
You will be working closely and collaboratively with our two Senior Information Officers.
The Information Services Team is part of our Knowledge Services department, so you will also be working closely with our Professional Support Lawyers and our Knowledge Services secretarial team.
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with information security and all firm policies and procedures.
You will have a good working knowledge of the major legal databases (Lexis, Westlaw and Lawtel) and have carried out legal research while working in a legal library. Preferably with a professional qualification in library or information services.
You will have a flexible and helpful approach, be able to prioritise and deal with competing deadlines and you will be reliable and able to work with limited supervision.
You will be a team player who strives to help others and enjoys working collaboratively with colleagues.
We expect you to be someone who takes pride in your work and who will provide a first class support service to our fee-earners, anticipating their needs in advance wherever possible, and paying meticulous attention to detail in all of your work.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.