Information Services Assistant – Bristol
Working with two other information professionals, provide information services and support to staff at Clarke Willmott.
Role: Information Services Assistant
Hours: Full Time
Term: 3 Month Contract
Vacancy Reference: 553-BBL
As a national law firm we have to keep up to date with a vast amount of information about legal and market changes and developments. Our Information Services Team plays an essential role in this by managing our legal information resources including journals, books and on-line reference sources.
In this role you will help the team with a range of research and administrative tasks including:
- Undertaking basic legal and business research as and when requested by the Information Services Officers
- Sorting and distributing post every morning
- Updating loose-leaf volumes promptly as updates received
- Classifying and cataloguing new materials on KnowAll
- Scanning and circulating journal articles and other materials to lawyers and others
- Registering regular incoming journals and loose-leaf issues on KnowAll (the library catalogue/database);
- Tracking and retrieving missing issues/publications
- General library administration including re-shelving and keeping the library tidy and in good order
- Other general administrative tasks as required
This role may involve occasional travel to our other 6 offices.
You will be working closely and collaboratively with our two Senior Information Officers.
The Information Services Team is part of our Knowledge Services department, so you will also be working closely with our Professional Support Lawyers and our Knowledge Services secretarial team.
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with information security and all firm policies and procedures.
You will have a good working knowledge of the major legal databases (Lexis, Westlaw and Lawtel) and have carried out legal research as part of your law degree or while working in a legal library.
You will have a flexible and helpful approach, be able to prioritise and deal with competing deadlines and you will be reliable and able to work with limited supervision.
You will be a team player who strives to help others and enjoys working collaboratively with colleagues.
We expect you to be someone who takes pride in your work and who will provide a first class support service to our fee-earners, anticipating their needs in advance wherever possible, and paying meticulous attention to detail in all of your work.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.