Accounts Payable Assistant – Finance – Firm Wide
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Assistant to join our Finance team on a 9 months Fixed Term Contract basis.
Role: Accounts Payable Assistant
Location: Firm Wide
Hours: Part Time (15 hours per week (9 am – 12 pm))
Term: Fixed Term Contract (9 months)
Vacancy Reference: 1061-BBL
Who we are
You’ll be joining a national law firm that enjoys a strong reputation, made possible by our exceptional people – each chosen for their industry knowledge and passion for their field. We want to help you to reach your full potential, love the work you do and deliver the best results for your clients. It’s our goal to make you feel great about working with us, and we work hard to cultivate a culture that makes it easy for you to stay with us for many years.
We work flexibly and you’ll be empowered to work where you do your best work, balancing your individual needs with the need for us to engage as teams and deliver excellent client service.
Most of our people choose to work in a hybrid fashion, working from home and attending our offices on occasion. Our offices are in Bristol, Birmingham, Cardiff, London, Manchester, Southampton, and Taunton.
Day to day, you’ll be successful in this role by:
- Processing of all purchase invoices within the Chrome River system to include matching to purchase orders, chasing budget holders where purchase orders are not found, checking coding to the correct nominal ledger, ensuring correct VAT treatment, posting to the system
- Processing expense claims, checking to receipts, ensuring correct VAT treatment and coding
- Daily cheque requests/BACS payments
- Import review / approval of Expenses and Invoices in Chrome River / 3E
- Liaising with budget holders on coding and authorisation for purchase orders
- Posting of direct debit payments
- Ongoing reconciliation of supplier statements to the system
- Compilation of the bi-monthly payment run for suppliers and expenses, seeking authorisation, and setting up through BACS software
- Chasing outstanding receipted fee notes and proforma’s
- Monthly Property payment run
- Month End tasks such as running and reviewing the Aged Creditors report
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with information security and all firm policies and procedures.
This role is right for you if:
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel
- You are able to process a large volume of transactions to a high degree of accuracy
- You can work with minimum supervision, communicating effectively with the supervisor to highlight any issues or concerns
- Ideally you will have previous experience of working in a finance role but this is not essential
- You will be accurate, hard-working, reliable, methodical, great attention to detail
- You will have Minimum of 6 GCSE passes at grade C or above (or equivalent), including English and Maths
- AAT foundation level/equivalent preferred but not essential
What we can offer you:
A career at Clarke Willmott will feel different to other law firms. We thrive on our individual differences and diversity because as a team, we are united by our shared values and mutual respect. Working with us you will feel empowered, valued and free to be yourself in a safe and supportive environment.
Our mission is to help you realise your full potential whilst maintaining a positive work-life balance. We provide a comprehensive learning and development programme and a range of wellbeing initiatives to support your career journey.
There’s no doubt we expect the best from our people and even the occasional extra mile. In return, your dedication and commitment to the continued success of the firm will be rewarded with a comprehensive range of flexible benefits.
Listen to what a few members of our team have to say about what life here at Clarke Willmott is really like, to see if it’s the right fit for you.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV and covering letter using the form below.
(If you have any difficulties with the form, you can email your application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.
Talk to our recruitment team
Emma May Davies
0345 209 1260
0345 209 1436