Systems Data Steward – Finance – Bristol
Data is key to the business and once collected, fed into many systems and processes. This data needs to be under constant review and validated for quality and accuracy, ensuring that data policies are being maintained across the business.
Currently the role will support in the data cleanse process in readiness to convert from the existing Practice Management System ‘Enterprise’ to ‘3E’, however this role will evolve over time into a structured position, managing the data flow and ongoing data management.
The role will sit in a team of 3 individuals reporting into a team Supervisor.
Role: Systems Data Steward
Hours: Full time
Vacancy Reference: 849-BBL
Who we are
You’ll be joining a national law firm that enjoys a strong reputation, made possible by our exceptional people – each chosen for their industry knowledge and passion for their field. We want to help you to reach your full potential, love the work you do and deliver the best results for your clients. It’s our goal to make you feel great about working with us, and we work hard to cultivate a culture that makes it easy for you to stay with us for many years.
We work flexibly and you’ll be empowered to work where you do your best work, balancing your individual needs with the need for us to engage as teams and deliver excellent client service.
Most of our people choose to work in a hybrid fashion, working from home and attending our offices on occasion. Our offices are in Bristol, Birmingham, Cardiff, London, Manchester, Southampton, and Taunton.
Day to day, you’ll be successful in this role by:
Managing the Cleanse of existing data held in our Practice Management system in readiness for conversion to 3E, the new Practice Management System.
Data Cleanse includes:
- Address Cleansing & formatting, including identification of missing address information – this is reiterative and covers areas such as Clients / Entities / Vendors / Payees / Timekeepers
- Categorisation of data (e.g. Client type, entity Master type)
- Splitting client names into separate Entities
- New application user Acceptance testing
- Ad-hoc data change requirements for BAU within Enterprise
- Additional data cleansing duties within the wider project area
Once we have converted data and gone live with 3E the data stewards will undertake a more evolved role with use of in-house build applications and dashboards.
- Overseeing the life cycle of specific data sets
- Supporting with governance of policies and procedure
- Supporting in data onboarding
- Understanding terminology through systems to support the wider firm
- Supporting in the establishment of data quality requirements
- Updating systems appropriately where manual intervention is required
- Identifying and resolving data quality issues
- Maintaining data in appropriate formats
- Archiving and merging data where required
- Editing and updating data where required
- Monitoring and changing status of data where required
- Further Processes to be established in line with the 3E project
The team will also continue to
- Cleanse Data from the conversion post go live
- Supporting in in-house application updates and testing
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with information security and all firm policies and procedures.
This role is right for you if you:
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel to include creation, data entry, formatting and use of formulae.
- Are proactive, adaptable, positive and professional
- Produce accurate work, with a good eye for detail
- Have strong skills in communication
- Have a minimum of 6 GCSE passes at grace C or above (or equivalent), including English and Maths
Experience working in a professional services environment will be advantageous. Having prior system data management experience (preferably within 3E) will also be desirable although not essential and all training will be provided.
What we can offer you:
A career at Clarke Willmott will feel different to other law firms. We thrive on our individual differences and diversity because as a team, we are united by our shared values and mutual respect. Working with us you will feel empowered, valued and free to be yourself in a safe and supportive environment.
Our mission is to help you realise your full potential whilst maintaining a positive work-life balance. We provide a comprehensive learning and development programme and a range of wellbeing initiatives to support your career journey.
There’s no doubt we expect the best from our people and even the occasional extra mile. In return, your dedication and commitment to the continued success of the firm will be rewarded with a comprehensive range of flexible benefits.
Listen to what a few members of our team have to say about what life here at Clarke Willmott is really like, to see if it’s the right fit for you.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.