Meningitis is a devastating condition which can have life changing or fatal consequences, particularly if it is not diagnosed and treated in a timely manner.
Conditions such as bacterial meningitis and septicaemia are time critical illnesses which require prompt diagnosis and treatment.
Making a compensation claim
You may be entitled to pursue a claim for compensation for medical negligence, where the treatment you have received falls below a reasonable standard. Our team of specialist solicitors can assist you by investigating your concerns.
In order for a claim to succeed we will need to prove both breach of duty and causation.
- Breach of duty: this is a failure to provide care of a reasonable standard. In order to prove this, independent medical experts will provide an opinion on the standard of care received. If such care would not be supported by a reasonable body of medical practitioners in the same field, breach of duty will be established.
- Causation: this means that the substandard treatment caused you an additional injury, or worse outcome, which would otherwise have been avoided.
Upon receipt of supportive breach of duty and causation expert evidence we can then obtain evidence to assess the value of your claim. For more information on making a compensation claim, download our medical negligence fact sheet.
We have developed relationships with many leading practitioners and experts who are able to assist with your meningitis claim, including:
- Orthopaedic Consultants
- Speech and language experts
- Hearing experts (Ear Nose and Throat, Otolaryngologist and Audiology)
- Plastic Surgeons
- Occupational Therapists
- Rehabilitation Specialists
- Care Specialists
- Employment Specialists, and
- Educational Specialists
We are also either on the panel of or accredited by:
- Limbless Association
- Child Brain Injury Trust
- Action against Medical Accidents (AvMA)
- The Law Society’s Clinical Negligence Accreditation Scheme
We are proud to support Meningitis Research Foundation
For many years Clarke Willmott have been supporters of the great work done by Meningitis Research Foundation.
Our specialist medical negligence team work closely with MRF and are proud to be recommended by them as a source of accredited legal advice.
Helpful information about the signs and symptoms can be found on the Meningitis Research Foundation website.
Contact a Medical negligence solicitor
If you think you may have a meningitis claim call us now on 0800 316 8892 or contact us online.