Court of Protection Solicitors

“They are very pragmatic, very friendly, good to deal with and technically very strong – they really do just what you want them to do.”
Chambers UK 2017

What is the Court of Protection?

The Court of Protection deals with the affairs of those who lack the mental capacity to do so themselves.

Our dedicated Court of Protection solicitors support families who are looking after someone who is unable to manage their own affairs for any reason including an injury, dementia, a disability and learning difficulties.

How Clarke Willmott can help

We pride ourselves on our specialist knowledge in all the areas families often need support in, including care for health and social needs, taking financial advice, managing investments and benefits and planning for the future.

Our expert team of Court of Protection solicitors will make sure you receive the support you need quickly, so decisions can be made that day, rather than leaving you waiting for an answer.

The team is headed up by Anthony Fairweather. Anthony is a senior partner at Clarke Willmott and one of only 75 Court of Protection panel Deputies in the country with a wealth of experience in dealing with Court of Protection work.

 ‘The team are extremely approachable and always willing to offer advice and guidance in a manner we can understand.‘

 ‘What stands out is their sensitivity towards the people involved, the speed of their responses, and their willingness to act above and beyond.‘

Chambers and Partners 2015

Whether you have a disabled child or are caring for a vulnerable adult or elderly relative, we can help you to make the right decisions to safeguard and protect their interests.

Our Court of Protection services

Our services include:

Related services

Helpful links

Contact a Court of Protection solicitor

Contact us for a free and confidential initial consultation. We have specialist Court of Protection lawyers in London, Manchester, Bristol, Cardiff, Birmingham, Southampton and Taunton. Call us now on 0800 652 8025 or contact us online.