“Market sources comment favourably on the team’s service and knowledge. Clients enthuse that it is very “capable in different areas,” and note its “strength on the non-contentious insolvency side.”
Our Restructuring and Insolvency department, with teams based in Birmingham, Bristol and Southampton, is led by three partners with a combined total of over 70 years experience advising on restructurings and insolvencies.
Our involvement with a distressed business can take many different forms, for example:
- We advise stakeholders and management on when and how to restructure a business, to include advice on finance, security and related issues as well as advice to directors on their duties under the Insolvency and Companies legislation. We frequently sit alongside the management of a business, using our network of contacts to form a team to devise and implement a turnaround strategy.
- We advise turnaround professionals/interim managers on their engagement, role and responsibilities and assist them and the management of the client company on strategy and implementation.
- We advise investors and creditors on their rights and on potential actions that can be taken to preserve their interests or enhance their recovery in a potentially insolvent company.
- We advise banks and asset based lenders on the validity and strength of their security and on options for enhancement and/ or enforcement.
- We advise other creditors on security interests, retention of title, liens or other proprietary interests in the assets of an insolvent or distressed business.
- We act for insolvency office holders in respect of the whole range of formal insolvency appointments to include advising on appointment issues, business and asset sales, priority of security and advice on creditor claims generally, as well as investigating the causes of insolvency and pursuing claims in respect of antecedent transactions, director misfeasance, unlawful dividends and related claims.
- We advise individuals or companies on potential investment in or acquisition of distressed businesses.