Susan’s expertise includes working with a wide range of clients ranging from Government Departments and universities to multi-nationals, owner-managed businesses and startups. Her work includes major IT outsourcing projects, Cloud computing agreements, work on data protection, IT security, freedom of information and the full range of intellectual property work, both on the non-contentious and contentious side, including patent licensing and disputes, breach of confidence, trade and service mark issues and designs. She is regularly asked to provide expert commentary by publications including the BBC website, Computer Weekly and national newspapers.
Susan joined Clarke Willmott in 2013 after thirteen years as a partner at Cobbetts LLP/DWF LLP.
Susan is ranked in Chambers Band 1 Intellectual Property (Manchester and surrounds).
Susan is a member of Licensing Executives Society and on the North-West Committee.
- Acting for Skills for Care (NGO) in their initial procurement and subsequent re-procurement on expiry of the initial terms of the NMDS database in the field of social care.
- Acting for a leading retailer of kitchens in the outsourcing of their finance and IT functions and on the subsequent acquisition of a SAP ERP system.
- Acting for a UK importer and high street gift card chain in design right claim against them relating to Hexbug Nano toys; matter satisfactorily compromised on confidential terms.
- Acting for Belgian agro-chemicals company in litigation brought by BASF GmbH regarding patent infringement.
- Acting for Informed Solutions on a range of contentious and non-contentious matters including joint advice of Government Department on data sharing in the field of energy conservation.