“very hard working and prepared to think outside the box”. Legal 500 2014
Stephen is very experienced in acting for entrepreneurs and high earning professionals who have sustained catastrophic injuries that extinguish or reduce future earning capacity plus cause a reduction in capital value of their businesses. These claims can include substantial loss of opportunity claims and require complex financial loss calculations.
Stephen joined Clarke Willmott in 2003.
- Amputation. Both below and above knee plus upper limb. Expert in maximising prosthetic limb provision for amputee clients.
- Spinal injury of varying degrees of severity.
- Head or Brain injury claims of both adults and children.
- Brachial Plexus injury resulting in loss of use of one arm and change of employment, home and lifestyle alteration.
- Multiple Fractures with protracted periods of recovery and varying degrees of residual disability, resulting in change of employment, lifestyle and future life planning.
- Fatal Injury claims, to include inquest representation and pursuit of claims on behalf of surviving family members.
- Stephen has Court of Appeal landmark cases to include two on future loss of earnings calculations, motorcycle filtering, trespass and occupier’s liability, plus the application of the law of contributory negligence in road traffic accidents.
Recent Cases of note
- Settled a paediatric brain injury case for a £1.9M lump sum plus annual payments of £130,000 for life.
- Settled multiple serious trauma case for £1.35M.
- Settled a brachial plexus case involving a former RAF engineer for in excess of £800,000 on a full liability basis.
Steve is a trustee of the Meningitis Research Foundation. Over the last four years he has organised three Amputation training days and one Paediatric Brain Injury day to educate care and treatment providers plus raise money for Meningitis Research Foundation and Reach, the Association for Children with Upper Limb Deficiency.