Stephanie has been an insolvency and corporate recovery solicitor for in excess of twelve years. Based in Birmingham, Stephanie heads up a team of three fee earners advising on business rescue and restructuring, insolvency, asset recovery and property repossessions.
Acting mainly for insolvency practitioners, but also stakeholders and purchasers, Stephanie is regularly instructed on corporate recovery matters to advise and facilitate business and asset sales of distressed and insolvent companies and partnerships. Stephanie adopts a business support role in advising directors of distressed businesses in relation to their corporate duties and responsibilities as well as advising directors and stakeholders on understanding their turnaround and refinancing options and implementing good governance. She has extensive experience in bringing preference, transactions at an undervalue, wrongful and fraudulent trading, misfeasance and other asset recovery claims within corporate insolvency and bankruptcy proceedings.
Drawing on her bankruptcy and property recovery expertise, Stephanie heads up the Matrimonial Homes Unit which specialises in the possession and sale of property for bankruptcy estates and for mortgagees.
Stephanie is ranked in Chambers and Legal 500, who describe her as having “great attention to detail”. Stephanie is an Associate member of R3.
- Advising £70M t/o business on turnaround and accelerated sale options.
- Advising directors of fast growing construction business on governance, credit control and finance options.
- Obtaining a Search and Seizure Order (injunctive proceedings) for Liquidators for the recovery of stolen plant & machinery from five different premises across England.
- Assisting Liquidators in obtaining a seven figure settlement in a construction claim.
- Advised Administrators on Administration and the subsequent sale of business and assets of an FSA regulated business.
- Advising a creditor on the successful recovery of its assets subject to a retention of title claim and on pursuing the purchaser and Administrators for conversion for the handling of the goods subject to retention.
- Advising secured lenders in relation to enforcement of their security.