Simon is a Partner in the Corporate team specialising in the acquisition and disposal of companies and businesses (domestic and cross-border), debt and equity fundraisings, reorganisations, demergers and corporate joint ventures. He also advises on company, LLP and partnership formations, general banking matters, compliance and corporate governance.
Simon works with clients ranging from start-up businesses and entrepreneurs through to listed plcs, venture capital groups and financial institutions.
Simon joined Clarke Willmott in 2011 from City firm Charles Russell (now Charles Russell Speechlys). He grew up in the South West and graduated from Exeter University with a first class law degree.
Simon is a member of the firm’s cross-disciplinary team advising on Hinkley Point C related matters, including the formation of supply chain consortia.
Simon also provides Corporate support to our Social Housing team.
- Advising Addnode Group AB on the acquisition of the Symetri business of Airbus Defence and Space.
- Acting for HSBC Bank plc in connection with its funding for the £8.5m management buy-out of Aero Stanrew Limited.
- Advising The ReThink Group plc (AIM listed) on its acquisition of the Berkley Recruitment Group.
- Acting for the selling shareholders of a company operating a multi-site franchised motor dealership.
- Advising a venture capital group on English law aspects of its investments in early stage technology companies incorporated in Brazil.
- Acting as special English counsel to a multilateral development bank in connection with a US $12m term loan.