His expertise includes business and share sales, M&A, management buy-outs, equity investment, debt fundraising transactions, company constitutional and corporate governance matters.
During his training contract Rupert spent time placed on secondment at the Goodwood Estate in West Sussex, a commercial enterprise with an annual turnover in excess of £70m, from this Rupert has valuable experience of the commercial application of legal advice.
Rupert joined Clarke Willmott in January 2014 and trained with the firm after graduating from the University of Nottingham.
Rupert’s Corporate & Commercial experience
- Acquisition by a Solent 250 telecommunications company of a major competitor.
- Group restructure and refinance of a large property investment company.
- Sale of an electronic security penetration testing company to a cloud and hosting buyer.
- Secured lending transactions for a market leading peer-to-peer lender.
- Equity investment rounds for a start-up, app based, technology company.
- Management buyout of an industry leading supplier with bank, alternative finance, and private equity funding.
- Other professional experience from external placements includes event sponsorship and branding partnership agreements.