Richard advises on all aspects of corporate law, specializing in business and share sales, acquisitions, MBOs, mergers/demergers, and debt/equity fundraisings and investments.
In addition, Richard also advises on a variety of company constitutional and general company law matters, as well as banking transactions. Richard’s work frequently includes advising on group re-organizations, joint ventures, articles of association and shareholder agreements, share options, partnerships, and start-up businesses.
- Richard acts for clients of all sizes, from small family run businesses to large well-known national groups of companies, and across a wide range of sectors.
- Acting for the management team on the MBO and venture capital investment in a precision engineering manufacturer.
- Advising the shareholders on the group restructuring of a national distributor in the food and drink sector.
- Acting for a FTSE 250 listed global marine engineering services group on its acquisition of a company providing services to the oil and gas sector.
- Advising the shareholders of national franchisor operating an extensive chain of lettings agents.
- Acting for the seller on its disposal of a group of care homes to a national chain.
- Advising the buyer on a bank and venture capital funded acquisition of an IT services company.
- Acting for the UK Seller of a motor franchise operated in West Africa to a large listed group in France.
- Frequently advising smaller and medium sized owner-managed businesses on business sale and purchases, and putting in place suitable shareholder arrangements.
- Advising both banks and business customers on corporate refinancings.
- Helping companies structure appropriate EMI Option Scheme arrangements to incentivise key employees.