Oliver is a Partner in our Commercial Property team specialising in development and investment work. Oliver’s expertise includes working with national developers, registered providers, investment companies, off-shore trusts and local authorities advising on all property aspects of development projects including site acquisition, joint venture and collaboration agreements, conditional purchase agreements and development agreements. Oliver also advises on property management, acquisition and disposal of investment portfolios, primarily on assets held by developer clients.
Oliver joined Clarke Willmott LLP in 2007 from Burges Salmon and has presented at a number of lectures and conferences on topics such as development pitfalls and property insurance and to the South West Housing Initiative on joint ventures.
- Advising on the acquisition of a £12m residential development in an iconic city centre tower, specifically structured through an SPV development company setup and an associated limited liability partnership to take the benefit of favourable corporation and stamp duty land tax treatment and ring fence risk.
- Advising The Crown Estate on a number of development and infrastructure agreements including a major employment park and an ancillary housing development disposal in the Midlands.
- Advising on a major care village development in Ascot working with our banking and construction teams.
- Advising The Guinness Partnership on residential developments including a recent two phase scheme in collaboration with a landowner/developer with enhanced protection for the client in the event of developer insolvency. Client feedback was that Oliver deals with their work in a “friendly, commercial and holistic manner”.
- Advising Bristol City Football Club and Gloucestershire County Cricket on recent development proposals.