Nick trained and qualified with Clarke Willmott and after experience with other firms re-joined Clarke Willmott in 2000. He is a Partner in the Commercial Property team with many years of experience specialising in freehold and leasehold real property disposals and acquisitions, property management and development work and business transfers.
He has advised Local and other Public Authorities in relation to property transactions and also has considerable experience of advising a number of charities in relation to property and other issues including advising on the establishment and incorporation of charities including advising a Community Foundation on the establishment of a linked incorporated charity to hold endowment funds, the incorporation of a town swimming pool trust, the incorporation of a Hospital League of Friends, the incorporation of a substantial Horticultural and Floricultural association and the constitution and registration of a charitable trust for a national branded food producer and the constitution and registration of a town charitable umbrella sports and sports facilities provider.
Nick is company secretary and honorary solicitor to a nationally important heritage garden and has advised in connection with it multi-million pound National Heritage Lottery Fund grant application and on complex land assembly and funding negotiations in connection with the garden as well as continuing to advise more generally on governance and ongoing general legal issues.
Nick is also a Licensed Reader in the Church of England.
- Advising a mining company in connection with extensive and complex land disposal issues concerning multiple freehold and leasehold titles including mineral strata titles.
- Advising a government agency on the disposal of a complex regenerated industrial estate including complex rentcharge issues.
- Advising on the acquisition of a group of pre-school nurseries from a local authority.
- Advising on the refinancing of a substantial portfolio of commercial and residential investment properties.
- Advising on the acquisition of a substantial portfolio of buy-to-let properties.