Neil is an Associate in the Commercial and Private Client Litigation team, specialising in commercial litigation.
Neil advises on a broad spectrum of commercial disputes for clients ranging from private clients to multi-national companies, including disputes relating to partnerships and companies, product liability, breach of contract, debt recovery and enforcement.
Neil joined Clarke Willmott in July 2015 after doing his time with a London litigation firm. He studied Law and Spanish at Queens University, Belfast, and undertook further legal study at Nottingham Law School.
Recent examples of work that Neil has been involved in during the last year include:
- Acting for a drinks supplier in a claim for circa £8.5 million arising from losses incurred as a result of a product recall.
- Acting for an administrator and insurer of after-the-event insurance in respect of the recovery of premiums due to the insurer.
- Acting for a private bank in respect of the recovery of money owed under a facility agreement.
- Acting for a national retailer and manufacturer of an appliance in respect of allegations that a product manufactured by them was defective.
- Acting for a solvent recycling company in respect of a claim against a third party for damages for losses suffered following a fire at their premises.
- Acting for a tech company in respect of a claim against a third party for copyright and patent infringement.