Martin is an Associate in the Commercial Property team and specialises in investment portfolio management, acquisitions and disposals, leases, and advising on Option Agreements and overage provisions relating to development land. He also provides property support on business purchase transactions in the leisure and retail sectors.
He acts on investment and finance transactions, developing a specialism in providing banks with reports on title for a range of commercial property, including industrial and development sites, data centres, golf clubs, retail outlets and betting shops.
Martin is a member of the networking and charitable organisation Bristol Round Table.
- Acting on a cross office project carrying out due diligence and an independent report on title on London property for a US multi-national bank funding the acquisition of a property portfolio worth $880,000,000.00. Turnaround of two days from instruction to completion.
- Managing portfolios for international, FTSE 250 and high net worth clients.
- Advised landowners on Option Agreements relating to infrastructure for EDF’s development of the nuclear power station at Hinkley Point C.
- Acting for a large international lender. Transactions include the refinancing of one of the largest amusement parks in the South West, along with property portfolios in London including mixed commercial and residential units. Provided a report on title to facilitate the development of the next stage of a complex industrial estate with 30 occupational tenants (and an existing Option Agreement) valued in excess of £6 million which included a large renewable energy development.
- Advised development clients in complex transactions involving multiple bridging finance with tertiary lenders for different parts of the site to enable the next stage of development of town centre office blocks to residential accommodation and advising on exit plan strategy.