Mark is a Partner in the Private Property and Agriculture team specialising in non-contentious agricultural and residential property law.
Mark deals with farm sales and purchases, house sales and purchases, auctions, agricultural landlord and tenant matters, residential landlord and tenant matters, re-mortgages, the basic payment scheme, easements and covenants.
Mark joined Clarke Willmott in 2001 after studying and then a year working on a farm in Somerset. He trained with the firm and qualified in 2003.
Mark is a member of the Agricultural Law Association.
- Acting for one of the largest landowning institutions in the country in a variety of disposals.
- Sale and purchase working farms as a going concern.
- Disposal of farms on retirement/change in farming policy.
- Sale and purchase of a wide range of residential property, freehold and leasehold, in both town and country, often involving listed dwellings.
- Sale and purchase of large estates subject to secure/long term agricultural and residential tenancies.
- Auction sales of large areas of agricultural land and farms in multiple lots.
- Advice on farm payment issues.
- Acting for both landlords and tenants in relation to the surrender and re-grant of tenancies subject to the Agricultural Holdings Act 1986.
- Acting for both landlords and tenants in relation to the grant and variation of Farm Business Tenancies.
- Voluntary first registrations of large estates.
- Letting of residential property with a particular focus on the issues arising from the security of tenure given to farm workers.
- Contract farming and share farming agreements.