Margaret is an Associate in the Private Property and Agriculture team specialising in residential property sales and purchases.
Margaret’s expertise includes the sales and purchases of high value residential property for investor clients in respect of both freehold and leasehold properties involving several multi-million pound transactions. Margaret has an excellent reputation for providing a high quality service to clients extremely quickly and proactively. Margaret is also renowned for being very thorough but also efficient and pragmatic.
This has earned Margaret a loyal following resulting in a lot of referrals from previous clients and estate agents both locally and in London.
Margaret’s expertise includes residential property mortgages and remortgages as well as agreeing and finalising lease extensions.
Margaret joined Clarke Willmott LLP in 1984 as a secretary. She then worked for several different solicitors and partners both full time and part time while bringing up a young family before following the distance learning route to becoming a lawyer qualifying as a Chartered Legal Executive in June 2005.
Margaret is a member of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives.
- Margaret acted on the sale of a leasehold property for £605,000 and purchase of a freehold property in London for £1.22m for a demanding private client with a two week exchange of contract period resulting in both sets of estate agents referring further clients to Margaret as they were so impressed with her service.
- Margaret recently acted for the partners of a local estate agency business in their private sale of a residential property again due to them being so confident with her service.
- Margaret is currently acting for clients who are in the course of selling their leasehold flat in London. This firm’s leasehold enfranchisement team have been involved in the service of the requisite notice requesting an extended lease and associated formalities and Margaret has agreed the form of the new flat lease with the landlord’s and buyer’s solicitors.
- Margaret also acts for small local developers putting together the sale or lease documents for developments of up to perhaps six or eight dwellings and thereafter acting on the sales or grant of leases of each of the units.
- Margaret has recently exchanged contracts and completed the sale of a residential property for a relatively new client to the firm who is involved in an acrimonious settlement with a former partner leaving him in a precarious financial position. Following completion of the sale the client wrote a completely unsolicited letter to the Chairman including the comments: “I have to draw your attention to the “astonishing” Margaret Vining…..I hope you realise as a business the extraordinary individual you have working for you…… She has in my opinion gone well beyond anything that I could have reasonably expected in her attempts to help me during a very difficult time in my life…”