Lizzie is an Associate in the Family team dealing with all areas of private family law.
Lizzie works with clients from a variety of backgrounds in relation to the breakdown of relationships on divorce or separation and related financial and children issues. She has experience of high value and complex financial settlements, pre-marital agreements, contact and residence applications and disputes regarding child maintenance. She also has experience of cases with an international element.
Lizzie joined Clarke Willmott in 2010 to train with the firm, qualifying into the family team in 2012 having specialised in family law at an early stage. She previously worked at the Royal Courts of Justice and studied at BPP Law School.
- Advising clients on divorce procedure following the breakdown of a marriage or steps to take post-separation if co-habiting.
- Advising clients on financial settlements following divorce or separation, with particular emphasis on advising professionals, high net worth individuals, agricultural clients and cases involving partnerships and family businesses.
- Advising clients on disputes in relation to their children on divorce or separation, including contact and residence issues.
- Advising clients on how they can protect their assets on marriage with a pre- or post-nuptial agreement.
- Working with clients where an international element is involved, for example where one party lives or owns property abroad or where one or more foreign national is living in the UK.