Laura is an Associate in our first tier Property Litigation team specialising in commercial property portfolio management and in particular 1954 Act lease renewals (contested and uncontested), break notices, dilapidations and service charge disputes acting for a range of landlords and tenants.
Laura joined Clarke Willmott in 2007, having trained at Hugh James in Cardiff. Laura works with national property investors, social housing providers and local authorities, including Mapeley, The Guinness Partnership and Bath & North East Somerset Council.
Laura has experience in the retail sector; having acted for a number of retail clients. She also has experience in the energy sector through her work with Western Power Distribution.
Laura is a member of the Property Litigation Association.
- Contested lease renewals including Court proceedings where the landlord intended to redevelop the premises.
- Successfully exercising conditional break clauses for tenant clients.
- Settlement of a dilapidations claim on behalf of a tenant which, by the landlord’s initial schedule of dilapidations, was valued at circa £2,000,000. The claim was settled by negotiation at £350,000 (including interest and costs).
- Settlement of a service charge claim against a tenant by its landlord which, through a successful negotiation, saved the tenant some £150,000.
- Adverse possession claims of substation sites.
- Advice to a landlord client under the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012.
- Part 8 claim in the Commercial Court with a dispute surrounding the construction of a Sale Agreement.
- Successful settlement by mediation of a substantial landslip case for a local authority.
- Contentious residential service charges including service of Section 20 Notices.