Ken is a Partner in our Insolvency and Restructuring team. Ken has a wide range of experience in corporate restructuring, turnaround and insolvency work, both contentious and non-contentious. He has also been on secondment with the restructuring team of a large high street bank and is part of Clarke Willmott LLP’s banking and finance group. Ken advises insolvency practitioners, banks, directors, companies, creditors, landlords, individuals and other stakeholders.
He regularly advises officeholders and stakeholders in relation to pre-pack and trading administrations, restructuring, equity and property stakes, security documentation, validity of appointment, retention of title, antecedent transactions and corporate recovery.
- Acting for LPA Receivers in relation to the disposal of a chain of four pubs having previously undertaken a security review for a high street bank.
- Acting for liquidator of FSA regulated marketing company associated with international investment funds valued at c.£400m, which were suspended in March 2009 and subsequently wound up due to liquidity concerns of underlying investments.
- Advising a potential corporate investor in relation to rescue strategies for a £100m turnover manufacturing company in the agricultural sector.
- Acting for Joint Administrators of two operating companies and LPA Receivers of two care homes. Advising and assisting the officeholders in the performance of their duties, which included the removal of squatters and disposal of the care homes and pursuing claims against the directors.
- Acting for the Joint Administrators of a specialist security firm in relation to a pre-pack sale of the company’s business and assets for sizeable initial consideration and additional two instalments of consideration dependent on EBITDA.