Karen is a Chartered Legal Executive and an Associate of Clarke Willmott specialising in all aspects of debt recovery and debt recovery litigation for both individuals and commercial entities. She is particularly expert in cases involving personal guarantees, indemnity clauses and recovery under the Consumer Credit Act.
Her sector experience includes commercial wholesalers, educational establishments, government departments, utility companies, technology companies, manufacturers and training providers.
- Works with commercial wholesalers on claims for recovery of monies both under contract and in relation to personal guarantees.
- Works with educational establishments and training providers to recover school fees, course fees and related costs including advice on the credit control process.
- Deals with all aspects of recovery including insolvency, complex charging orders and orders for sale.
- Undertakes litigation on the Small Claims Track, the Fast Track and the Multi Track in defended debt recovery claims.
- Deals with the recovery of debts governed by the Consumer Credit Act.
- Undertakes advocacy for clients in small claims and possession proceedings, applications and directions hearings.