John is an Associate in the Financial Services Litigation team specialising in claims in relation to negligent investment advice.
John has over ten years of litigation experience dealing with a wide variety of claims and acting for both claimants and defendants. John joined Clarke Willmott in 2014 from DAC Beachcroft LLP where he specialised in defending professional negligence claims on behalf of professionals and their insurers and handling disputes in relation to insurance coverage issues.
As well as representing clients at trial, he has extensive experience of settling claims via alternative dispute resolution methods.
John is a member of the Chartered Insurance Institute and the Personal Finance Society. John is currently studying for the CII Diploma in Financial Planning.
- Representing clients at numerous mediations and without prejudice settlement meetings.
- Successfully defending a claim at trial on behalf of a landlord whose tenant had brought a claim alleging that the landlord had unreasonably refused to grant consent to a request to assign the lease.
- Successfully pursuing a claim for recovery of sums due pursuant to an indemnity. This claim was successful both at first instance trial and at the Court of Appeal.
- Advising in relation to refusals to offer redress or inadequate offers redress pursuant to the FCA review of interest rate hedging products.
- Advising in relation to pension transfer claims.