Ed is a partner in the Corporate department. Described as “Reliable, accurate, efficient and prompt… a pleasure to work with” by a current client, Ed’s specialisms include mergers & acquisitions, corporate finance, buy-outs, joint ventures, restructuring, share schemes and crowdfunding.
Ed has a particular specialism in financial services and advises in connection with consumer credit legislation and the Financial Services and Markets Act.
Ed joined Clarke Willmott in July 2012 from corporate boutique Lockett Loveday McMahon.
- Acting for the vendor of a freight forwarding, haulage and warehousing group to a Hong Kong based public company.
- Acting for the vendors of several insurance broking groups to a UK plc.
- Acting on a joint venture between a clinicians’ corporate vehicle and a commercial healthcare provider to the NHS.
- Acting on a complex demerger of a leading corporate finance group.
- Acting for management on the £9.5 million management buy out of an events management and marketing group.
- Acting for a North West engineering group on a series of acquisitions.
- Advising on the disposal of a claimant law firm to a private-equity backed financial services group.
- Advising on the cross-border disposal of a franchised health supplement distributor to a US buyer.
- Advising on initial and further investment rounds for an IT and data provider to the insurance industry.
- Acting on the disposals of various wealth management and financial advisory firms.
- Acting on the buy-out of a North West accountancy practice from a larger group.
- Acting for the sellers of a leading cyber-security provider to a national internet service provider.