David is a Partner in the Private Capital team. He specialises in advising private clients about Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax planning, business succession structures, Will, estate and trust planning. David is from a farming family and his practice has an agricultural focus.
- Advising a private landowner on the tax efficient sale of his farm for development.
- Securing the availability of agricultural property relief and business property relief from inheritance tax on a large farm with a subsidiary property letting operation.
- Advising on and preparing the paperwork to implement the transfer of a substantial working farm to the next generation of the farming family.
- Advising the trustees of a significant landed estate about their substantial claim for heritage property relief.
- Advising on the restructuring of multiple family trusts as part of a broader succession and inheritance tax planning exercise.