Daniel is a Senior Associate in the Intellectual Property group specialising in all aspects of intellectual property law including trademarks, designs, domain names, copyright, patents and confidential information.
Daniel trained as a solicitor at an international law firm in London and Madrid where he acted for a number of sports organisations and Premier League football clubs and players. Subsequently, he spent time on secondment with a number of Football League clubs before joining Clarke Willmott’s Intellectual Property department.
Daniel advises clients on the full range of intellectual property services including the protection, enforcement and exploitation of such rights. He regularly speaks at intellectual property events and writes on developments in Intellectual Property law. He has obtained a Post Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Law and Practice from Oxford University.
Daniel carries out work for a range of clients, from large international companies to small local businesses and has particular expertise in the sports, travel and fashion industry sectors.
- Portfolio management and brand protection work on behalf of an international travel company and a worldwide toy manufacturer.
- Protecting the registered and unregistered design designs of a manufacturing company before the Patents County Court.
- Recovering a valuable .com domain name from a professional domainer by way of a three panel WIPO Domain Name Complaint which included several rounds of submissions for an international recycling company.
- Recovering a suite of domain names to a tight deadline which were crucial to a new company launch by way of settlement on behalf of an international food producer.
- Advising major fashion brands on EU exhaustion of rights and alternative strategies to control the secondary resale of their products.
- Protecting the trade mark rights of an international fashion brand in relation to pan-European infringement of its rights.
- Providing advice to Premier League and Football League clubs and players in relation to FIFA, UEFA, FA and Football League regulations.