Clare runs the property investor group at Clarke Willmott and specialises in both property investment and finance. She deals with all aspects of commercial property, in particular freehold sales and acquisitions, investment portfolio management and matters arising from landlord and tenant relationships.
Clare splits her time between advising on real estate finance transactions (predominantly residential developments and investment refinancing) and advising on large investment portfolios from both landlords and tenants perspectives, advising on disposal strategies, preparation of pre-disposal reports and advice in connection with re-gearing portfolios to maximise clients’ assets. She has acted for a variety of clients namely pension funds, private investors, major financial institutions, retailers and charities.
- Acting for property owner in the sale of a fully let office building in the East Midlands for in excess of £5M. Dealing with the preparation of various collateral warranties, complex title deduction and separating the property from various services provided from a larger estate so that it could be owned and occupied on a self contained basis.
- Advising investor client in connection with the release of a high profile PLC tenant in one of its investment properties. Settling an early dilapidations claim in the region of £4M in return for a release for the tenant from certain repair covenants in the lease. Included detailed lease variation to ensure no further dilapidations liability could accrue.
- Advising retail client in connection with their acquisition of a portfolio of properties from administrators.
- Acting for private bank in the refinance of a mixed portfolio of properties located in around London comprising 63 residential units and 21 commercial units with total value of £19M. Negotiating loan facility in the sum of £12.5M, legal charges over all properties and personal guarantees from borrower’s principal, cross guarantees between SPVs and title due diligence on all properties.
- Acting for the bank in perfecting security for two loan facilities (for refinance and redevelopment of former land registry office into residential apartments with parking). Included title due diligence, negotiating security documents (loan facilities, legal charge, personal guarantee and deed of priority for subordinated debt). Review of professional team appointments and negotiating forms of collateral warranties required by the bank from the borrower’s professional team