Chris Thorne is the head of our personal injury and clinical negligence department specialising in medical negligence claims, acting for victims of medical accidents. He is an accredited member of the Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel. Chris deals with a wide range of medical claims including the most complex birth injuries.
Chris gained worldwide recognition as a leading expert in cryogenics, IVF and male fertility representing the claimants in the ground breaking case Yearworth vs North Bristol NHS Trust, the victims of the Sheffield and the Edinburgh sperm destruction incidents and he continues to provide advice to clients and other lawyers in this niche practice area.
Chris joined Clarke Willmott in 2013 after working at Foot Anstey, where he was also a Partner and acts for clients all over the country, making a point of meeting with clients to ensure they receive a partner led service.
- Law Society specialist Clinical Negligence Panel accredited member
- Law society specialist Personal Injury Panel accredited member
- Law society specialist Personal Injury Panel assessor
- AvMA member
- APIL Senior Litigator and Devon & Cornwall Regional Coordinator
- Devon and Exeter Medico-Legal Association Vice Chairman
- Headway Devon Trustee