Bonnie is a consultant in the Property Litigation team. She has been consistently ranked in tier 1 in the Directories for some 15 years and consistently ranked as a leader in her field. She has been involved in a number of the leading reported cases relating to the meaning of repair, valuation of sale and leaseback evidence, unlawful assignment, rent review and forfeiture. She has experience of various forums including the High Court, the Court of Appeal, the Lands Tribunal, Inquiries and Arbitrations. Many of her clients come from the retail leisure and investment sectors but she acts for any commercial client with a property related issue. She has a particular interest in rent reviews and advises a number of arbitrators and independent experts. She has a very commercial, no nonsense approach and an ability to see through to the core of a problem.
Bonnie joined Clarke Willmott in 2005 as a partner in a team of ten joining the firm from Pinsent Masons. Bonnie is a member of the Property Litigation Association and Arbrix, she is a visiting lecturer at Bristol University and is a regular speaker at conferences on a diverse range of topics.
- Acting for Ansa/Autologic on the reported case of Ansa Logistics Limited -v- Towerbeg Limited  EWHC 3651 (Ch), and successfully obtaining a declaration that consent had been unreasonably withheld to an underletting to Ford for a large site in Speke, Liverpool.
- Acting for Crestfort in the reported case of Crestfort Ltd, Halepoint Ltd, Yorkstream Properties Ltd -v- Tesco Stores Ltd (2) Magspeed Ltd , concerning an underletting by Tesco and obtaining an Order that the underletting was unlawful.
- Acting for WPD Property Investments Limited in numerous cases concerning their diverse property portfolio, including reservoirs, airports, farms, offices, depots and substations.
- Acting for New Earth Group concerning various cases arising out of their property portfolio including options, break clauses and unlawful withholding of consent.
- Acting for a leading London Investment Company regarding a substantial dilapidations claim and achieving a favourable settlement.
- Acting for various property investment companies and retail occupiers on complex rent review cases.
- Acting for various holiday and leisure companies dealing with diverse issues arising from their property portfolios including cases relating to restrictive covenants at amusement arcades, service charges and chalet leases.