Bill is a Consultant in the Commercial Property team specialising in public procurement, the legal powers of public bodies and PFI. He has a national reputation in these fields and has spoken widely on the subjects throughout Europe and written articles in a number of legal journals. Having served as a chief officer of England’s largest local authority he has an invaluable insight into the working of the public sector and its legal powers. In addition to his day to day public procurement practice, Bill has led legal teams acting for local authorities, bid consortia and funders on some of the largest and most complex public contracts in the country, including several large regeneration projects and successfully completed PFI projects in almost every sector.
Bill joined Clarke Willmott in 2005 after over five years as Director of Public Procurement with DLA, two years as Head of Projects at Martineau Johnson and five years as a chief officer of Birmingham City Council.
- Advising Three Rivers District Council on the structuring and management of the procurement process leading to the award of a developer partner for the regeneration of a mixed use site at South Oxhey.
- Acting for Gloucestershire NHS Primary Care Trust on the structuring and management of the procurement process leading to the award of a developer partner for a complex Care Campus project.
- Advising The You Trust on the options available in relation to potential irregularities in the procedure leading to the award of care contracts by a number of local authorities.
- Advising Devon and Cornwall Housing on the options available for the acquisition of sites and their development by individual developers without competition.
- Acting for local authorities, bid consortia, building contractors and funders on successfully completed PFI projects in almost every sector.