Bex is a Senior HR Consultant and the head of our HR Consultancy Unit which is part of the Employment and HR team. Bex has over 18 years experience working in operational and strategic HR, covering all aspects of the employee life cycle from recruitment projects to tricky exits and everything employee related in between! Using a joined up approach with the legal team, her aim is to identify and solve HR issues in the workplace in the most commercial way. She also helps to translate employment law and HR best practice into everyday HR operations and make it all work in reality!
Bex is well equipped to apply her skills and experience to most sectors and business sizes. She works with a variety of different businesses both in the South West and around the UK including charities, small businesses, large international businesses, colleges and schools; often providing interim HR assistance on a longer term basis up to HR Director level. Her roles include managing and advising on day to day HR operations for clients, HR projects such as company mergers and internal restructuring, designing HR team structures and systems, policy development and complex employee relations cases such as disciplinaries, redundancies and grievances.
Bex has a degree in Hospitality Management, is an Affiliate member of the CIPD and a qualified psychometric and ability tester. She also actively involved in the Pay and Performance Committee and Policy working group of the school Federation where she is currently a Governor.
- People Policy, Practice and Procedure – carried out HR Audits for various business to establish key project priorities linked to their strategic plan. Developed workable HR policies ready for employee consultation.
- HR Structure – working with CEO’s to design effective HR structures for businesses who have HR and those for that don’t. Training and empowering line managers to manage HR issues where appropriate.
- HR operations Systems – designed workable HR admin processes for HR teams to ensure systematic ways of working in line with their HR information systems.
- Redundancies – successfully project managed large scale redundancy programmes in the FE sector.
- Employee relations cases – working with our legal team, managed a number of complex employee relations cases for clients, all with successful outcomes.
“I thought I would take the opportunity to let you know how impressed and pleased we have been with Bex and the services provided through Clarke Willmott. Normally I have quite a low opinion of consultants and I would say Bex has probably been the best we have ever had in 30 years, adding real value.”
Nick Scoon, Managing Director, Wrapex and Procare UK Limited
“Bex and I worked really closely together setting up the HR function at Wasserman and her support, patience and depth of experience were absolutely invaluable. Bex is extremely generous with her guidance, persistent when she needs to be and always delivery focused. She has an easy, friendly manner and I really enjoyed working with her. We always managed to have a laugh and I can’t recommend her enough!”
Joanne Quillan, SVP Finance and Operations, Wasserman International Sports Agency and Media Group.