AnnaLiisa is a Partner in the Construction team specialising in all forms of dispute resolution in relation to building disputes. She is also an ADRg accredited mediator. She assists in client risk management, avoiding construction disputes, as well as advising on the resolution to construction problems. She has experience in court proceedings in the Technology and Construction Court (regularly using both the London and Bristol High Courts), Pre-Action Protocol for Construction and Engineering Disputes, Mediation, Adjudication (including enforcements of adjudicator’s decisions) and Arbitration.
Over the years, AnnaLiisa has advised employers (multi national companies, supermarket retailers, sports clients, housing associations, energy), developers, contractors and specialist sub-contractors alike. She has achieved results on final accounts, delay claims, extensions of time, defects and remedial works disputes. She also specialises in professional negligence claims against architects, surveyors, engineers and solicitors.
AnnaLiisa regularly speaks at seminars, writes for various construction publications and is on the committee of Constructing Excellence Bristol Club – also being a member of the Adjudication Society, the Forum for the Built Environment, the Society for Construction Law, and Women in Social Housing; having been Chair of South West Women in Construction.
- RJ Knapman & Son Limited –v- Richards (Reported Case – Judge Peter Coulson Q.C.): Enforcement of an adjudicator’s decision.
- Somerfield v Skanska (Reported Case – HHJ Ramsey): Multi million High Court action, successfully settled following determination of points of law.
- Resolving numerous disputes, both medium and larger scale, by way of the protocol and mediation.
- Acting for various national household name house builders in a multi-million pound adjudication under an NEC3 contract. Outcome achieved: successful defence in the rapid fire adjudication successfully defending over 70% of the sums claimed. Advising on a wide breadth of disputes under JCT suites of contracts.
- Achieving results on outstanding payment applications for various contractors and sub-contractors through the use of both contractual and statutory adjudication.
- Advising Social Housing Associations and Not-for-Profits in the successfully recovery of sums under insurance backed bond claims following contractor insolvencies.
- Providing contentious construction advice in relation to a dispute referred to arbitration, regarding defects and remedial works required at Home Park Stadium. Achieving a result for the football club which meant a fully remediated stadium.
- Acting for a Housing Association in relation to various matters to include advising on the insolvency of a contractor and subsequent submission of an Employer Statement to the liquidator and settlement agreement in relation to a sale agreement and tenant claim.
- Acting for another Housing Association in relation to various matters to include advising on a professional negligence claim against the client’s consultant and on the insolvency provisions of the JCT Design and Build 2005 following a contractor’s abandonment of site.