Andrew is a Consultant in the Corporate and Commercial team and focuses on advising private companies, their owners, investors and debt funders on corporate and corporate finance transactions. He has a particular specialism in advising on and facilitating complex private company sales and purchases including management buy-ins, buy-outs and joint ventures.
He advises businesses ranging in size from entrepreneurial start-ups to global public companies, typically when those businesses are at a point of significant change. He has expertise and experience across a number of sectors including manufacturing, retail and technology.
Andrew joined Clarke Willmott in 2005 having previously been Managing Partner of a law practice he set up from scratch in 1994. Before that he was a senior in-house lawyer with 3i plc and GKN plc. In addition to his legal qualifications, Andrew holds an MBA degree and is an accredited commercial mediator.
Andrew is “highly rated for his private equity and joint venture work” (Legal 500 2012) and is known for his ability to steer and lead complex transactions to a successful conclusion with a mixture of technical skill, tact and good humour.
- Relationship and Lead Partner for the Extra MSA Group in their £300m acquisition of the Swayfields Motorway Service Station group of companies.
- Relationship and Lead Partner for the Extra MSA Group in their £250m acquisition of nine Motorway Service Areas from Serena Properties. In respect of this transaction and the one above, Andrew led a team of 30+ lawyers based across all our offices and including specialists in property, employment, construction, IP, litigation and banking.
- Relationship Partner for several global companies in respect of their UK legal matters including Ingersoll Rand, Doosan and Kumho Tyre.
- Acting for the management team in the acquisition and related equity and debt funding of the chilled food division of a UK national brand.
- Acting for owners of private companies in structuring, negotiating and facilitating the sale of their companies for prices ranging between £2m and £20m.
- Working closely with CEOs and senior management of businesses to be a sounding board and mentor in relation to legal and commercial aspects of business change and strategy implementation.