Welcome to the July 2017 edition of our Wealth, Health and Inheritance Briefing.
Everyone should make a Will but for small company owners this need is particularly important. We look at the measures small company owners should take in order to protect their families, their employees and the future of their businesses.
Lasting Powers of Attorney are another important legal tool and we set out our top ten LPA tips. Being an executor is a responsible job and we look at the perils of probate for the amateur executor. We also report on a recent family provision case which shows that asset division after divorce is not always equal and look at how you and your clients can take action to protect against property fraud.
During the recent general election campaign the spotlight fell on another vital topic, social care; we look at where we are now and what the future could hold in this important area for our increasingly aging population.
As always, if you have any queries, comments or suggestions, please do get in touch.
- Company owners and the need to plan for unexpected death
- Division of financial assets on divorce: is the sharing principle now unfair in short marriages?
- Social care: where are we now and where are we going?
- Lasting Power of Attorney: top 10 tips
- The perils of probate
- Helping property owners beat fraudsters