Welcome to the Autumn edition of Retail Line
Since our last edition, summer has come and gone, plans to reform Sunday trading hours have been put on hold and the crucial Christmas sales period has begun. We take this opportunity to wish you all a very merry and, most importantly, prosperous festive season.
The recent cyber attacks on Carphone Warehouse and TalkTalk confirmed how an organisation’s website has become integral to its core business. Keeping ICT infrastructure up to date is a constant concern for retailers and in this edition of Retail Line we look at the key considerations of technology refresh.
Our property experts consider a recent case concerning the forfeiture of a lease and advise on some of the issues to be aware of when taking out title indemnity insurance.
New legislation came into force in October which will particularly affect retailers and their suppliers. We look at the new duty for organisations to be transparent about the measures they are taking to prevent slavery in their supply chains; and at new remedies available to consumers who have purchased goods on the basis of a misrepresentation.
- Can a landlord benefit from a windfall gain following a tenant’s breach of contract?
- Case Update: The value of Secondary Security
- Consumer Rights Act 2015: classic car sales and sellers’ representations
- Technology Refresh: Nightmare, Opportunity or Both?
- Clarke Willmott receives top accolade from Law Society
- Who owns your Banksy mural?
- Protecting confidential information and appropriate restrictions on employees’ post-termination activities
- Indemnity Insurance: a reminder of the possible pitfalls
- Modern Slavery Act 2015