Divorce & Family

International Relocation – Wishes and Feelings of the Child

As we live in an increasingly internationally mobile society, family law practitioners are often consulted on the delicate issue of the international relocation of children. Where a child is habitually resident in England and Wales, if one parent with parental responsibility for a child wishes to remove a child from the jurisdiction they will need the consent of anyone else with parental responsibility. Where the move is permanent, it will be necessary to make an application to the court for ‘leave to remove’ the child.