Partner in the Homes Sales team specialising in new home sales, property development, development infrastructure, affordable & social housing & all aspects of residential conveyancing.
Victoria is a client focused, energetic and commercially minded solicitor who predominantly specialises in newly constructed properties and all aspects of residential development.
Victoria qualified in 2008 and having acted for purchasers of residential properties and went on to create and establish a volume conveyancing team in a prestigious commercial firm in Cardiff, where she was a Associate Director.
Victoria turned her attention to acting for developers and Affordable Housing providers in 2019.
As a Legal Director in the Real Estate team of a respected national law firm, she was able to bridge the gap between the development team and the transactional sales team, drawing on her previous experience acting for purchasers so that transactions proceeded for clients swiftly and smoothly.
Using this knowledge Victoria drafts and creates comprehensive lender compliant document suites and contract packs for residential development clients and house builders. Victoria also reviews handover aspects of development agreements and S106 Agreements with a view to ensure that the appropriate information is contained to satisfy purchasers solicitors and lender requirements.
Victoria managed and supervised a team of solicitors and paralegals specialising in affordable housing and open market sales ensuing that client targets and KPIs are met with minimal fuss.
Victoria also deals with development agreements for house builders, acquisition of S106 units for Affordable housing providers and Golden Brick Agreements.
Victoria joined Clarke Willmott in 2023 as a partner in the New Homes team bringing with her over 15 years of experience in the sector.
How Victoria can help you
Victoria is commercial minded and offers clients practical, sensible and affordable solutions to problems. She is very client focused and aware of individual client needs, providing a bespoke and flexible service to each of the firm’s clients. Victoria is continually looking for ways to streamline processes and provide solutions to ensure that client targets and needs are achieved in line with the client’s own individual strategy and policy.
When acting for developer and house builder clients, Victoria’s extensive previous experience acting for purchasers means that she is able to take a hands on approach to transactions, front-loading as much information as possible and ensuring that we are environmentally friendly, using digital and paperless processes as much as possible.
Familiarising herself with our client’s vision for each project means that Victoria is usually involved in the process from inception, allowing us to offer a ‘cradle to grave’ approach to development from acquisition right up to buyers collecting their keys.
As a manager, Victoria is keen to train and develop junior members of staff providing them with one to one training and ensuring that every member of the team works seamlessly together to achieve our client’s targets and goals and support the purchasers’ solicitors as much as possible.
- Victoria was part of the team who exchanged all of the prestigious David Morgan Apartments on the Hayes in Cardiff on the same day as reservations were taken working alongside Knight Frank and another national commercial firm.
- Acquisition of the first new Caerphilly Council Homes in 19 years acting for the council purchasing from Llanmoor Homes at their Bedwellty Fields site – Celebrating the handover of the first new Caerphilly Council homes in over 19 years – Llanmoor Homes (llanmoor-homes.com)
- Drafting and exchanging the Agreement for the sale of a block of 66 units to an Affordable Housing Provider, acting for the developer. The property transaction, which was solely handled by Victoria, was part of the winning submission for Insider Property Law Firm of the Year in the Wales Property Awards 2023.
- Acting in the purchase of residential and portfolio property for several high profile sport stars and entertainers.
- Advising Help to Buy Wales on the Help to Buy Scheme from inception as part of the initial focus teams in Wales, to advising the provider themselves on individual transactions and wider advice on the extension of the scheme in Wales in 2023
- Advising on the acquisition and disposal of properties including negotiation of development agreements and sectional agreements such as Section 106, 104 and 38 Agreements for RSLs and affordable housing providers
- Acting for smaller housing developers on conversion schemes and bespoke smaller developments.
- Providing advice and assistance in acquiring large sites for development by house builders and affordable housing providers.
- Advising house builders on Quality Code schemes and industry standards
- Drafting and compiling site packs for the sale of large development sites in England and Wales on an open market and affordable, shared ownership basis.
- Creating contract packs and selling properties at action for both personal and commercial entities.