Aaron is a partner in our Property Litigation team and qualified as a solicitor in 2012. He specialises in commercial landlord and tenant litigation, development disputes and professional negligence involving property transactions.
Aaron’s workload includes dilapidation claims, commercial lease renewals, recovery of rent and service charge arrears, enforcement of leasehold covenants, possession claims (including actions against squatters), claims involving easements and restrictive covenants, rights to lights, contractual disputes involving overage, pre-emption and option agreements, party wall disputes and claims against property professionals in a professional negligence context.
Aaron acts for a range of clients from institutional and international investors, government departments, FTSE100 listed companies, national and regional housebuilders and developers, charities, national and regional social housing providers.
- Court of Appeal and High Court proceedings in a high value rights to light claim on behalf of an international investor;
- Court of Appeal proceedings relating to the enforcement of service charge obligations;
- Court of Appeal proceedings in party wall proceedings on behalf of a national social housing provider;
- Court of Appeal proceedings in defending a substantial dilapidations claim on behalf of a national charity;
- High Court proceedings in seeking and obtaining possession of commercial premises under various statutory grounds including Ground F on behalf of various UK and international developers;
- High Court proceedings against transactional solicitors in a professional negligence context on behalf of UK developers;
- High Court proceedings for the return of a deposit under a rescinded conditional contract on behalf of a national social housing provider;
- Property Tribunal proceedings relating to a residential service charge dispute;
- Asset management instructions including service of 1954 Act notices, break notices and schedules of dilapidations;
- A multi-million pound claim for losses due to a breach of a pre-emption agreement which settled at mediation on behalf of a national housebuilder;
Areas of expertise
Senior associate Aaron Macauley also has experience with property disputes..
The Legal 500