- This event has passed.
Life after limb loss
October 5 2016 @ 9.30 am - 5.15 pm
The training day is aimed at intermediate to advanced level treatment and care providers, plus personal injury and clinical negligence members of the legal profession.
This content includes treatment of meningitis and its consequences. Prevention of amputation from a diabetes angle. NHS and private prosthetic provision, plus next generation prosthetic limbs and limb transplanting.
- Stephen Trump, Partner, Clarke Willmott LLP – Introduction
- Dr Nelly Ninis, Consultant Paediatrician
- Mr Shehan Hettiaratchy, Limb Transplanter
- Charlotte Hannibal, meningitis survivor – How Meningitis Shaped Me
- Helen Harvey, Clinical Manager, Prosthetics & Orthotics, Bristol Centre for Enablement, North Bristol NHS Trust
- Phaedra Perry, South West Regional Head, Diabetes UK
- Abdo Haider, Prosthetist at The London Prosthetic Clinic
- Fergus Jepson, Rehabilitation Consultant
- Paul Russell QC, 12 Kings Bench Walk
- Joel Gibbard, Open Bionics – Open Bionics: The next generation of prosthetic limbs
5 hours APIL accreditation will be applied for.
Refreshments will be provided throughout the day, including lunch plus drinks and canapés to close the event.
Please note: Places are limited and will be allocated on a first paid, first served basis.
To register your interest, please contact Victoria James at our Bristol office.