A transaction involving agricultural property often requires specialist advice on issues as diverse as EU payments, agricultural tenancies, occupation of dwellings and farm buildings, rights of way and planning and environmental issues. The team works within the wider agriculture sector ensuring that there are specialist lawyers on hand to advise on every aspect of a rural property transaction no matter how unique or diverse.
Our agri-property lawyers have extensive experience of dealing with all aspects of the ownership, occupation, use and management of agricultural property and our agri-property services include:
- Sales and purchases of estates, farms, land and country houses
- Secured lending on agricultural property
- Agricultural Holdings Act 1986 tenancies and Farm Business Tenancies
- Residential tenancies for farm cottages
- The Basic Payment Scheme, Environmental Stewardship and other support
- Farm business reorganisation and restructuring
- Rights of way
- Development clawback arrangements, options and pre-emptions
- Restrictive covenants
- Partnerships, share farming and contracting arrangements
We appreciate that property transactions often need to be advised on and completed within very tight timescales and our extensive and highly specialised team acts quickly whilst ensuring the very best deal for our clients.
In addition to its specialist agricultural work, the team also has experience in dealing with residential conveyancing and property matters.
Our recent work includes:
- Selling a large traditional livestock farm with diversification potential
- Acting for a bank in respect of security for a loan facility to assist with the purchase of a farm complicated by title issues as well as planning and environmental issues which needed to be resolved before completing
- Selling a farm in various lots which was complicated due to reciprocal rights, reservations and covenants
- Acting for both landlord and tenant in relation to the surrender and re-grant of tenancies subject to the Agricultural Holdings Act 1986
- Acting for both landlord and tenant in relation to the grant and variation of Farm Business Tenancies
Contact an agri-property lawyer
If you would like to find out more about how our agri-property team can support you and your business, you can contact our lawyers directly using the details given on their profile pages or you can call the agriculture sector manager, Victoria Howlett on 0345 209 1719.
Clarke Willmott has offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, London, Manchester, Southampton and Taunton. Our Agriculture team has a strong presence in the South West and advises clients across England and Wales.