Gas supply dispute following the change of contractual supplier by the client.
- The change of contractual supply was not authorised by the gas transporter because one of the supply pipes had been capped by the supplier so the supply to the client was dead.
- The problem arose because the gas transporter and the gas supplier own different parts of the network, and are therefore responsible for the supply and infrastructure at different points within the network.
- As a result of the lack of authorisation, the client was billed at an out of contract rate until the matter was rectified.
- Dispute occurred over liability between the old supplier, the new supplier and the gas transporter for the capping and the withholding of authorisation.
- Persuading the gas transporter to acknowledge that the supply pipe had been capped and so authorise the change of contractual supplier.
- Liaising with all parties to establish an acceptance of liability causing the overcharging of the client.
- Persevering with correspondence to the liable party to secure a full refund.
- Securing a full refund of the overpayment caused by the client being billed at the out of contract rate